Insane In The Membrane

| |

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-Albert Einstein

I once said, "Too many rappers, not enough doctors." Which is true. It seems EVERYBODY wants to make rap music. Why? Hell, it's so easy, and like every other industry, it can be made just as well at home, versus a professional environment.

It appears to me the worst of the worst are the people who get the shine for their "music". I'm going to name drop because I am indeed "The Man Without Fear". When Soulja Boy came out, his music wasn't good, but it sold. There have been more one-hit wonders in the '00s than any other genre: Rocko, Rich Boy, Shawty Lo...must I go on? Sure, they got more than one song, but we know them for that ONE song that was rewound EVERYDAY!

It's nerve-wrecking when you got all these talented rappers out here, but they get no shine because it can't be played in the clubs...How is it that musicians like John Mayor and Linkin Park don't make dance music, but they manage to still sell records? People only expect "club bangers" from rappers, that's what this genre is based on. This explains why everything sounds the same. Clad with simple choruses and even simpler lyrics, this genre is going down the drain, and talented artists like myself and the people listed under my "Grammy Family" won't get the respect we deserve because we're really doing it.

In order to be accepted by the mass, I have considered changing up, dumbing down, and selling out. I can't bring myself to do it. There are people that feel my brand, and I'm going to keep on doing it.

As for you niggas that "make it rain" and spend your life in the club....just...shoot....yourself.

--midas is chosen--

0 Muthafuckin' Comments:

Post a Comment

 
back to top