Modus Operatus

| |

(Midas Welle and M.O..Wright State Fall 2008)

It's a cliche Autumn day this fine November the twenty-three. Here I sit at my dining area table with my laptop, and a jones for a fat ass Chipotle burrito. This morning I was hit up by none other than Cincinnati's Finest: M.O...With so many open mic shows and gigs rocked, two albums, one on the way, several beefs("some shit that I can't control"), and the future of his career at stake, we only have one question in mind.....what's next?

I had the chance to interview M.O who sat down at his computer desk with a cup of coffee and a freshly rolled joint. He mentally prepares himself for a no holds barred interview...

Midas Welle

Hello, M.O. How are you feeling today?

M.O

Good morning. Okay for the mean time, just focusing.(Takes a sip of coffe)

MW

That's good to hear. Would you like to explain who you are in a nutshell for those who don't know?

M.O

(Inhales marijuana smoke) I'm Motivation! I'm probably the best male performer in Ohio that makes quality music....but they call me M.O... 1 dot, not 2....(Inhales another hit) Check my name: M.O Hour! That's my name! You know my $$$$$! So many people fuck with M.O.(Takes a sip of coffee)

MW

Yeah, we know your money. Switching gears towards the serious now. You have dropped The Warm-Up, a classic on small proportions, and The M.O Hour, a cult classic that remains unrecognized by the mass....with your upcoming feature, how do you plan on, not only following up two classics, but making something uniquely you?

M.O

I want my followers and people I don't even know to hear this new project. I feel I will get a good look as far making music, not just anything.[pauses] Songs that people can relate to on a deeper level[leans forward]...See, The Warm up is really a hood album cuz I made it for the hood. At the time I was just tryin' to impress my freinds. The M.O Hour, I wanted to show I can step outta the box as far as hood rap. So, now I'm going to blend both meaningful lyrics and subject matter, but it's gonna be deeper.[sighs] Feel like The M.O Hour is a party album, but I can push an album for 2 to 3 years. So I still have to push M.O Hour first, that's how far advanced I am........[puts on a used car dealer, smug face] But every album will be better than the last.......[covers face with hands] If not, I'll die.

MW

It's good you aim to top your previous installments.....The Warm being predominately produced by Seth Boogie, and The M.O Hour by a range of producers, but still mostly Seth Boogie, on album three are you sticking to mostly Seth Boogie beats or are you weening yourself?

M.O

Well, the only reason why The Warm Up[before J.Cole] was produced by Seth Boogie is cuz, I wasn't fuckin' with nobody else and he gave me a chance and we mixed. The M.O Hour was started by Seth and me, and I just finished the rest. I wanted it to be better the last album, with guests producers....but if you notice most of my singles except "Outtatowner" are produced by Seth boogie and they're all solo...[rolls eyes and blinks them really fast] But I love Seth Boogie. I will still fuck with him, but all I tried to do was put him out there for him to sell beats. I pump his name, but now he is on some Timbaland shit...there are other producrs other than Seth, and no he is not makin' all of the beats for my next album....but I'll try to get some....maybe...

MW

I understand you are actually the one who coined the name Seth Boogie...Over the course of a career, one meets friends as well as foes...F-R-I-E-N-D-S ended as a sitcom years back, tell us about some of your foes.

M.O

[scratches head]Yes....right and Lady S. That's now tatted on her for life. [schizophrenics]Fuck my foes....people come and go outta ya life, but it's a difference if it's your friend....and there are some rappers out here that I dont fuck with. Why? Cuz, one, they on some fake shit, they play me and they some suckas...but its some people I had beef with and now it's nothin....but my encounters have been Dred, that was my first major battle. That was hear around Cincinnati in like 06 on the Wiz...Skandal The Ruckas Man...but we all ish I guess...but there's more to come. I don't like a lot of local people.....Wale is a dick though, fuckin' douche-bag. So many suckas...ummm so many I need help. Help me out...

MW

Shaun Fauste?

M.O

[laughs hysterically] Who? I don't know who that is, I know Ben Grimm. Really, I don't know Ben Grimm. I just heard about him, but I can't put a face to that name...I can't even pronounce it.

MW

Shaun Fauste, our labelmate. For those who don't understand the beef, including me, could you tell us a thing or two about it?

M.O

[puts out blunt and the rug catches fire, he stomps it out] Ooh, my bad.... I'm high right now....it aint no beef.....See, if I'm right, a lot of groups or labels battle each other time to time. It's like animals in the cage. Now, it could be a lion or a cat and a mouse, we all hungry...which one is gonna be the lion, and who is gonna play the mouse?....but I don't got no beef, but I just feel like he is disrespectful to me and others. I'm not the only one that has a problem with this guy in the group. Skeem got at this nigga twice![holds up two fingers] So now it's a beef when I say somethin'? Sure. Go ahead, don't get mad when that lion walks out alive....plus if you get tested, you gotta defend, even if you butt at it. I lost battles before, but I won some too. He hasn't...

MW

As far as I was concerned, I thought it was beef...which is why I convinced Fauste to reply if indeed somebody did diss him..Care to elaborate on that disrespect?

M.O

You know Whatever-You-Wanna-Call-Him can explain what it is ....it's a sport we just playin' 21 ......and its kinda weird how it had to take you for him to reply to anybody, cuz as far as I'm concerned, Ace got him, Skeem got him, and now I'm gettin' at him, he's gonna reply.......maybe cuz you're his only freind for the time being....but as far as the disrespect goes, you gotta ask him....He's disrespectful, but as far as me and him call it what you want...this a sport, nigga! ....

MW

It makes sense when you brought the situation to the basketball court....Back to M.O...Is there anything you want to say about ANYTHING?

M.O

I been on chill mode for the past year cuz I'm plannin' out my route to success. I been performing for 4 years now, and I'm ready to take it to the next level....and I wanna make my dream come true. I'm not lettin' nobody stop me. I develop all fans every week I perform. I love the fans that really love my music and sooner or later, everything will pop off. Then I'll say I told you so...it happened before....I won't stop 'til I'm dead...

MW

Inspiring, touching words. Spoken like a true artist. This is Midas Welle signing out...

M.O

The Affiliates Boy..........Get Hip or Be Lame!


0 Muthafuckin' Comments:

Post a Comment

 
back to top