(Make) Stuff Up

| |
Does anybody remember the milk commercials, maybe Yoohoo, I dunno, when some guy would have a bottle of milk delivered through a bootleg Fed Ex and the slogan was "Shake Stuff Up"?

The title of this post is a play on off that.

Anywho. I had the pleasure to view a 2009 Blockbuster, Star Trek. Overall, being a non-Trekkie, I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. The score would be higher if it weren't for my problem with the movie.
As a fan of Science Fiction and Fantasy alike, my biggest pet peeve when it comes down to it is the element of time travel. In my "can't-tell-me-nothing" attitude, I am led to believe time doesn't actually exist. Time is merely a blanket the human race has wrapped itself in to go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning with.


(New Spock Meets Old Spock)
So...my issue with time travel, how does one travel back in time as oneself and be able to meet oneself? This was my issue with Dragon Ball Z. How does Trunks come from the future, but he can see himself as a baby? As I've heard, "You can't see yourself from the back by spinning around?" Stories by Ray Bradbury and the movies, Terminator and The Butterfly Effect are good examples of what time travel would be like if it existed.

Other than that, Trek was a decent movie. I liked the cameos from Madea to Harold to Shaun of the Dead, and that Russian guy was hilarious.....but I don't think he was meant as comic relief.

I recommend if you haven't seen. You don't have to be a Trekkie. I've seen about 15 minutes worth of Star Trek episodes over the span of life. Trust me, I'm a rapper.

Live long and prosper.

--midas is Vulcan--

0 Muthafuckin' Comments:

Post a Comment

 
back to top