I Lead, You Follow

| |
I'm gonna start exposing niggas cuz it's like I'm "snowed in" today, no wizzork. This is a more thorough follow up to the Hov post I did not long ago. Follow.

 
The transition from Cristal to Rose...Either way, the bottle looks cool unopened. Me, I'm not a champagne kinda person....except for champagne bus rides, those are live, I encourage you to try it. I can understand the reason behind switching from Cris'....the owner was trying to be as nice as can be with his racism, if you wanna call it that.
"That's a good question, but what can we do? We can't forbid people from buying it. I'm sure Dom Perignon or Krug would be delighted to have their business."--Louis Roederer

 
In the times where a Hip-Hop head could not switch the station without hearing Auto-Tune raps and songs, Jay-Z took it upon himself to dead it. Funny enough, many other fads started to fall through too because they did not "please" him as it seems. I've seen a dramatic decrease in Hipster attire, that goes for skinny jeans, bright colored hoodies, and novelty hats. You know some cats had to keep Auto-Tuning to try to prove they didn't have to listen to Hov, but the people weren't behind them. Like Ray J on that New Boyz song, or Just Blaze on that Saigon song.....Nope. Coffin.

To my knowledge, and I got a lot of that, Jay-Z was the first person to ever mention driving in Maybach Benzs. Maybe cuz he was the only rapper paid enough to afford one, who knows? Now these rappers all wanna found the Maybach club and shit. It seems Hov also has ownership of the pronunciation as well, he says "Mayback" when it's more like "Maybock."

If there is a line more recycled from the catalog of Jay-Z, stop me NOW! Refer to "Money Ain't A Thang", a joint song with Jermaine Dupri. Jay-Z utters, "Said she liked my necklace, started relaxin', now that's what the fuck I call a chain reaction."   

At the moment, I can only think of Remy Ma and Rick Ross who attempted to borrow the rhyme...But I've heard it so much!

So we remember every video was some kinda basketball jersey. He had niggas wearing jerseys casually. Personally, I never fell into the fad...I wasn't a basketball head. Kingdom Come drops, no The Black Album, and suddenly, throwbacks ain't cool no more? Polos, button ups, all that shit got laughed at prior to Hov doing it...now the shit is custom...On top of that, I feel as if the phrase "Grown & Sexy" was coined on "Excuse Me Miss." It's a phrase Cincinnati DJ's still use today.....It's about being grown and sexy, yet you wanna be forever young...my mind is knotted.

Here is one of my favorite modern lyrics from him that seems to explain people's easily impressionable mentals....well, not explains, but sort of shows you how flow often masks words, cuz nobody said a thing.

They're all actors, lookin' at themselves in the mirror backwards
Can't even face themselves, don't fear no rappers
They're all, weirdos, DeNiros in practice
So, don't believe everything your earlobe captures
It's mostly backwards, unless it happens to be as accurate as me
And everything said in song you happen to see
Then, actually, believe half of what you see
None of what you hear, even if it's spat by me

You may not think your rap style isn't affected by Jay-Z, and to say that, you're lying to yourself...even if you DON'T RAP!

--midas is O-U-W-T, OUT!--
 



0 Muthafuckin' Comments:

Post a Comment

 
back to top