"N-I-G-G-A-Nometry"

| |
It's Nigganometry, nigga-na-na-nometry.

Well, you know I was good for at least one post about the "N-Word".

I'm going to be real with you. I don't give a shit who uses the word. Solely, it depends on usage and circumstance. "Nigger" is an ugly word, much like "Blogger" in my vocabulary. I'll type or write the word 'til the cows come home, but when it comes to saying it, I seldom do.

Nigga, that's a whole 'nother ballpark. I have a friend from India who has used the word on numerous occasions and never once have I resented him.

This will also tie into racism. Follow me.


(Quentin Tarantino: mastermind behind Kill Bill1/2, Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.)
If you notice a reoccurring theme in some of Tarantino's flicks, you'd hear either Tarantino himself, or another character often use the "N-Word".....mostly in a derogatory way. "Actin' like a jungle bunny." "You're acting like a nigger." Despite how good the movies are, and the presence of black people in these movies, does that justify its use?

(Bob Dylan song Ace Boogie and I made a beat to on M.I.C.."Shots Ring Out.")
There is a lyric in this song, and I quote:
The judge made Rubin's witnesses drunkards from the slums
To the white folks who watched he was a revolutionary bum
And to the black folks he was just a crazy nigger.
No one doubted that he pulled the trigger.
When asked about his excuse to use the word, he chalked it up to "Poetic License." He pronounces the word, "Nigga"...therefore, I have no problem with it. I actually thought it was funny when I heard it.


(Stephen King)
Another cat I highly respect. This man has written 60+ novels. I'm sure 97.3% of them are movies. Movies you might know, Sleepwalkers, Dreamcatcher, Rose Red, The Green Mile, Shawkshank Redemption and The Shining. Another cat guilty of using "Nigger".....gratuitously! My aunt, while I was growing up, read a lot of King. She eventually veered away from him and turned to Dean Koontz...guess he's less racist. I noticed how true it was when I watched The Shining for the first time. The bartender told Jack Nicholsons' character about a "nigger" coming to save the family. He couldn't call him a chef?


(Young Jeezy)
This one is pretty amusing to me. Thug Motivation 101 used "Nigga" how many times? I can't count on one hand how many times he said "Nigger". ONCE! It's friggin' hilarious! From the song "Getcha Mind Right":
Rappin' ass NIGGER better do numbers
I ain't gotta rap, I'ma do numbers

So? Do some cats use the word because it's just another word, do other cats use it with the intention to damage somebody?

You be the judge....

--midas has spoken--

0 Muthafuckin' Comments:

Post a Comment

 
back to top