"GET OVER HERE!!!!"

| |

In the 90s, there were many a things kids could relate to each other at school with. Video games, cartoons, and cereal.

Feuds waged on at my elementary school about which was better, Trix or Cinnamon Toast Crunch....Who'd kick who's ass, TMNT or The Power Rangers....all that good shit....but ONE franchise brought us all together. Mortal Kombat...it was the Grand Theft Auto of our time...the most violent game on the block....and our parents bought it for us.

I think it was last night when I stumbled upon the extended trailer. From Jump Street, I could tell, "This is something different." The lighting implies a serious tone...MUCH serious-er than the first two movies.

Starting with Jacks...who I thought was Jax, interrogating an unknown character....If you're a fan of the franchise, you'll have fun trying to identify the characters before it's announced who they are. I ain't gon' say shit if you haven't seen it yet.

Through and through, the story isn't told from Liu Kang's p.o.v. Which is how you know you're in for something....ELSE.

I take it the director is trying to do what THEY did to Batman.

I'm all for it.

The movie is supposed to drop in 2013.

A lot of people are livid cuz Liu Kang isn't the protagonist....if they can execute this mofo just right, it just may be a cult classic.


After seeing that, how could you sleep on Mortal Kombat? It's back with a vengeance.


Get it? Sleep on....Mortal Kombat......? Huh, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.....

I guess some good came out of Ace Boogie and his weird knack to take pictures of me in my sleep.

Anyhow.....I think it's a breath of fresh air....when you show things in movies like things that can only be taken seriously in a comic book or video game, it's kinda hard to retain timelessness because of the special efx the times could show.

You expect me to take niggas running around in leather tights chasing each other around seriously? Fuck outta here.

Looking forward to it, ya.

--midas wins...FLAWLESS VICTORY....FATALITY--

0 Muthafuckin' Comments:

Post a Comment

 
back to top